Electrical Wiring Inspections | Electrical Safety Inspections
If you spend any amount of time looking through our website, you’ll note that we offer numerous individual services. And yet there’s one that stands out above all the others in importance to us, and that’s only because we think it’s the single most important service for you and your family.
Here, we’re talking about electrical wiring and safety inspections, a service of particular importance for families living in older homes. That’s because, for starters, your home was wired under different local electrical codes than those currently in place. It’s also because electrical wiring deteriorates over time, and therefore needs to be looked after and, where necessary and appropriate, repaired or replaced.
At the end of our inspection, you can look forward to the kind of added peace of mind that comes from knowing that everything is exactly as it should be and, if not, that you have been advised of exactly how to make your home code compliant and safer for all its inhabitants.
Here are just some of the steps included in our electrical wiring and safety inspection:
- Check all switches and wall outlets to ensure proper wiring and functionality.
- Check for shock and electrocution hazards.
- Ensure that your home is properly grounded.
- Check your electrical service panel and assess its ability to provide adequate and safe levels of power.
- Determine if your home electronics can withstand a powerful electrical surge.
- Does your home have a sufficient number of smoke and fire alarms in all the right places?
- Test your smoke and fire detectors.
- Determine if you have GFCI outlets anywhere water can come in contact with electricity. These outlets are now required in all new home construction and remodeling projects.
There’s quite a bit more on our inspection list and, again, it’s all for your added comfort, convenience, and safety.
Has it been a year or more since your last electrical wiring and safety inspection? If so, we urge you to contact Excel Electrical Technologies today. That way, you’re bound to sleep more securely tonight.